This is a recording of a live webinar from November 11, 2021.
This webinar presents a method for designing, scoping, and implementing a data lineage business case.
Many companies have added data lineage to their agenda during the last few years. Still, the implementation of data lineage experiences a lot of challenges. The most critical ones are:
- Data lineage remains an abstract concept for many users.
- The implementation of data lineage is complex and time- and resource-consuming.
- Even if implemented, data management and business professionals don’t use it as expected.
To anticipate these challenges, we present a method that allows:
- Designing the metamodel of data lineage that fits the company’s needs and resources
- Scoping and implementing a data lineage project
- Managing various challenges with the usage of data lineage outcomes
The webinar is based on the book “Data Lineage from a Business Perspective” by Irina Steenbeek.
What Will You Learn?
- The definition and metamodel of data lineage
- The types of data lineage
- The methodology to build a data lineage business case